Points to Remember:
- Iran has passed a law allowing Iranian women to pass their citizenship to their children.
- Under the new law, children born to an Iranian mother and foreign father will get access to social and healthcare services that were previously denied to them on the basis that they were foreigners.
- Iran had earlier objected to the law on security grounds.
- Capital: Tehran
- President: Hassan Rouhani
- First Vice President: Eshaq Jahangiri
- Currency: Rial
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which nation has passed a law allowing women to pass their citizenship to their children? Iran
- Who is the current president of Iran? Hassan Rouhani