Points to Remember:
- Sony PlayStation has announced that Shawn Layden, Chairman of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Worldwide Studios, is leaving the gaming division.
- Formerly President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment for America, the 58-year-old has been with Sony for roughly 32 years.
- PlayStation’s Head of Portfolio Strategy and Content John Drake had quit the gaming giant earlier this year.
About Sony Interactive Entertainment:
- Sony Interactive Entertainment is a multinational video game and digital entertainment company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japanese conglomerate Sony Corporation, managed by Sony’s American hub, Sony Corporation of America.
- CEO: Jim Ryan (1 Apr 2019)
- Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
- Subsidiaries: Naughty Dog, SIE Japan Studio, etc.
- Founders: Norio Ohga, Ken Kutaragi
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the name of the Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Chairman who has resigned from his post recently? Shawn Layden
- Where is the headquarters of Sony Interactive Entertainment situated? Tokyo, Japan