Points to Remember:
- India has the second-highest number of active monthly internet users at 451 million after China, as per a report by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- As on March 31, around 385 million users were aged 12 years or above, while 66 million were aged 5-11 years.
- Among Indian cities, Mumbai topped the list with 11.7 million internet users.
- Internet & Mobile Association of India is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1896.
- Its mandate is to expand and enhance the online and mobile value added services sectors.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2004
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- According to a report by Internet & Mobile Association of India, which country has the highest number of active monthly internet users? China
- What is India’s rank in the list of nations with highest number of active monthly internet users? 2nd