Points to Remember:
- Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2019 between India and Kazakhstan will be conducted at Pithoragarh from 02 to 15 October 2019.
- The exercise will comprise of nearly 100 soldiers from both Indian and Kazakhstan Army who would be sharing their experience gained during conduct of various counter insurgency and counter terrorism operations in the past.
- Exercise KAZIND-2019 is the fourth edition of an annual event which is conducted alternatively in Kazakhstan and India.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct company level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence cooperation further fostering bilateral relations between the two nations.
- Kazakhstan, a Central Asian country and former Soviet republic, extends from the Caspian Sea in the west to the Altai Mountains at its eastern border with China and Russia.
- Capital: Nur-Sultan
- Currency: Kazakhstani tenge
- President: Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the name of the joint military exercise between India & Kazakhstan? KAZIND
- This year which edition of KAZIND will be conducted at Pithoragarh from 02 to 15 October 2019? 4th
- What is the venue of the 4th edition of KAZIND exercise between India & Kazakhstan? Pithoragarh, India