Points to Remember:
- Markets regulator SEBI has imposed over Rs. 22 crore penalty on Aurobindo Pharma and its promoters for violation of provisions of insider trading.
- The insider trading was in relation to a licencing deal it had entered with Pfizer in 2009.
- SEBI said it carried out investigations in Aurobindo Pharma between 2008-09 following a sudden increase in the share price.
About SEBI :
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India.
- It was established in 1988 and given statutory powers on 12 April 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992.
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Sector: Securities market
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Type: Statutory corporation
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Market regulator _ has imposed over Rs. 22 crore penalty on Aurobindo Pharma. SEBI
- Who is the chairman of SEBi at present? Ajay Tyagi