Points to Remember:
- State-run Petronet has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with US-based Tellurian to import up to five million tonnes per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- As per the deal, Petronet will make an equity investment, of reportedly $2.5 billion, in Tellurian’s Driftwood project in Louisiana.
- The companies said they’ll endeavour to finalise the transaction agreement by March 31, 2020.
About Petronet LNG Limited:
- Petronet LNG Limited, one of the companies in the Indian energy sector, has set up the country’s first LNG receiving and regasification terminal at Dahej, Gujarat, and another terminal at Kochi, Kerala.
- CEO: Prabhat Singh (14 Sep 2015)
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1998
- Subsidiary: Adani Petronet (Dahej) Port Pvt Ltd
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently who has signed a MoU with US based Tellurian to import 5 Million tonnes of LNG per annum? Petronet LNG Ltd.
- Where is the headquarter of India’s leading LNG company Petronet situated? New Delhi