Points to Remember:
- Facebook has acquired Israel-based hybrid chatbot startup Servicefriend, to reportedly build customer service bots for its planned digital wallet ‘Calibra’.
- Co-founded in 2015 by Ido Arad and Shahar Ben Ami, the startup provides hybrid AI-based bot technology to enterprises for the purpose of customer service.
- The co-founders have apparently joined Facebook within the Calibra group.
- Facebook, Inc. is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California.
- It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes
- Founded: February 2004
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- CFO: David Wehner
- Subsidiaries: Onavo, LiveRail, WhatsApp Inc., Oculus VR, etc.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the name of the Israeli hybrid chatbot which Facebook has acquired to built its customer service bots? Servicefriend
- Who is the current CFO of Facebook? David Wehner