Points to Remember:
- Sri Lanka unveiled South Asia’s tallest tower, the Lotus Tower, in the Colombo.
- Constructed in the shape of a 356-metre lotus, the tower has been built at a cost of $104.3 million, 80% of which has been funded by the Chinese government under the controversial Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- The tower includes a restaurant, conference hall and an observation area, among others.
About Sri Lanka:
- Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
- President: Maithripala Sirisena
- Prime Minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which country has unveiled South Asia’s tallest tower, the Lotus Tower? Sri Lanka
- Who is the current Prime Minister of Sri Lanka? Ranil Wickremesinghe