Points to Remember:
- Kerala inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Maldives to strengthen cancer care in the island nation.
- The MOU was signed here between Maldivian Minister Abdulla Ameen and Kerala Health Minister K K Shylaja in the presence of the state Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Vijayan later told reporters that the Kerala government and the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) have jointly signed the MOU with the health ministry of Maldives as part of improving cooperation between the two countries.
- The state health department and RCC would also provide support in setting up cancer care centres in Maldives and their doctors, nurses, pharmacists and para medical staff would be provided training at RCC
- Maldives has also sought RCC’s support to create a cancer registry in that country.
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently Kerala govt. has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which nation to strengthen cancer care? Maldives
- Who is current chief minister of Kerala? Pinarayi Vijayan