Points to Remember:
- The Maharashtra government announced that it will tie-up with US firm Zipline to use autonomous delivery drones to deliver emergency medicines and critical care across the state.
- The initiative will be supported through a grant from Serum Institute of India (SSI).
- The new service is expected to begin operations in early 2020.
- Zipline will establish about 10 distribution centres across Maharashtra in phases over the next several years.
- Capitals: Mumbai, Nagpur (Winter)
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief Minister: Devendra Fadnavis
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state government has announced a partnership with US firm Zipline to use autonomous delivery drones to deliver emergency medicines and critical care across the state? Maharashtra
- Who is the current chief minister of Maharashtra? Devendra Fadnavis