Points to Remember:
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) signed MoUs with ISRO to develop human-centric systems for India’s first manned space mission Gaganyaan.
- DRDO will provide critical technologies including space food, survival kits for the crew, radiation protection equipment, among others.
- ISRO plans to launch the mission before the 75th anniversary of India’s independence.
- Formed: 1958
- Headquarters: DRDO Bhavan, New Delhi
- Minister responsible: Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence
- Agency executive: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy, Chairman, DRDO
- Formation: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Chairman: K. Sivan
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has joined hands with which organisation for development of human centric systems for India’s first manned space mission Gaganyaan? Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Who is the current Chairman of efence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)? Dr G. Satheesh Reddy