Points to Remember:
- Noida-based HCL Technologies has announced the acquisition of US-based technology services provider Sankalp Semiconductor for Rs. 180 crore.
- Sankalp will operate as a 100% subsidiary of HCL post the completion of the acquisition by the first week of October.
- Incorporated in 2005, Sankalp offers System on Chip (SoC) design services and solutions in the semiconductor space.
About HCL Technologies:
- HCL Technologies Limited is an Indian multinational information technology service and consulting company headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- It is a subsidiary of HCL Enterprise.
- CEO: C Vijayakumar (Oct 2016–)
- Headquarters: Noida
- Parent organizations: HCL Enterprise, Vama Sundari Investments (Delhi) Private Limited
- Founders: Shiv Nadar, Arjun Malhotra, Ajai Chowdhry, Yogesh Vaidya, D.S. Puri
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- The US-based technology services provider Sankalp Semiconductor has recently been acquired by: HCL Technologies
- HCL Technologies has announced the acquisition of US-based technology services provider Sankalp Semiconductor worth: Rs. 180 crore