Points to Remember:
- The BCCI has announced a two-year radio rights arrangement with All India Radio (AIR) for live commentary of Team India’s matches at home.
- The audio commentary will commence from the first match of India’s upcoming T20I series against South Africa on September 15.
- The arrangement also includes domestic tournaments including Ranji Trophy, Irani Cup and Deodhar Trophy among others.
- This initiative will offer millions of listeners across India the opportunity to follow their favourite sport via live radio commentary.
About All India Radio:
- All India Radio, officially known since 1956 as Akashvani, is the national public radio broadcaster of India and is a division of PrasarBharati.
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1930, India
- Motto: BahujanahitayaBahujanasukhaya / बहुजनहितायबहुजनसुखाय
- Owner: PrasarBharati
- CMD: AshwaniLohani
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently BCCI has announced a ___ radio rights arrangement with All India Radio (AIR) for live commentary of Team India’s matches at home. 2 year
- Who is the incumbent chairman & Managing Director of AIR? AshwaniLohani