Points to Remember:
- Veteran Supreme Court lawyer and former Union Minister Ram Jethmalani passed away at his residence in Delhi at the age of 95.
- He had been on round the clock medical help for last two weeks.
- Jethmalani had served as the Law Minister and the Minister of Urban Affairs in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led NDA government.
- Born in Sikhapur of Sindh province on September 14, 1923, Ram Jethmalani was one of the highest-paid lawyers in the Supreme Court of India and had appeared in many high profile criminal cases.
- He had also served as India’s Union Law Minister was also the chairman of the president of Supreme Court Bar Association.
- Jethmalani had also announced his candidature for President of India and launched his own political fronts, the Bharat Mukti Morcha in 1987.
- In 1995 he launched his own political party called “Pavitra Hindustan Kazhagam”
10 High Profile Cases Handled By Ram Jethmalani:
1. Nanavati Case
2. Challenging detentions during emergency
3. Indira Gandhi Assassination case
4. Rajiv Gandhi assassination case
5. Stock market scam
6. Parliament attack case
7. Jayalalitha in disproportionate assets case
8. Jessica Lall case
9. Kanimozhi in 2G spectrum case
10. Black money case
- Name the Veteran Supreme Court lawyer and former Union Minister who passed away recently? Ram Jethmalani
- What is the name of the political party which was launched by Ram Jethmalani in the year 1995? Pavitra Hindustan Kazhagam
- In which year Jethmalani had announced his candidature for President of India and launched his own political fronts, the Bharat Mukti Morcha? 1987