Points to Remember:
- On behalf of the Australian Government, the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) has announced it has approved up to $9.41 million in funding to Hazer Group Limited (Hazer) for the construction and operation of a groundbreaking hydrogen production facility in Munster, Western Australia.
- West Australian renewable energy company Hazer are seeking to build a $15.8 million 100 tonne per annum facility to demonstrate their proprietary hydrogen production technology which converts biogas from sewage treatment into hydrogen and graphite.
- The Hazer Process is an innovative technology that converts bio-methane to renewable hydrogen and graphite using an iron ore catalyst, creating an alternate hydrogen pathway to the traditional approaches of steam methane reforming and electrolysis.
- Hazer aims to complete construction of the facility by December 2020 and begin operations in January 2021.
- ARENA recently announced $950,000 in funding for gas company BOC for a renewable hydrogen production and refuelling project in Queensland.
- Last year, ARENA awarded $22.1 million to 16 hydrogen research projects.
About Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA):
- The Australian Renewable Energy Agency is an independent agency of the Australian federal government, established in 2012 to manage Australia’s renewable energy programs, with the objective of increasing supply and competitiveness of Australian renewable energy sources.
- Founded: 1 July 2012
- Minister responsible: Angus Taylor (politician), Minister for Energy
- Jurisdiction: Australia
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which company has announced to approve $9.41 million in funding to Hazer Group Limited (Hazer) for the construction and operation of a groundbreaking hydrogen production facility in Munster, Western Australia? ARENA
- What does ARENA stands for? Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- Who is the minister responsble for ARENA? Angus Taylor
Read More at Bloomberg