Points to Remember:
- Indian Air Force’s Wing Commander S Dhami became the country’s first woman officer to assume charge as the Flight Commander of a flying unit.
- She took charge of a Chetak helicopter unit at Hindon Airbase in Uttar Pradesh.
- Chetak is a single engine turbo shaft, light utility helicopter with capacity of 6 passengers and has maximum speed of 220 km/hour
- The Flight Commander is the second in command of the unit. Notably, Dhami has served for 15 years now.
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who became India’s first female Flight Commander of a flying unit? S Dhami
Read More at Business Standard