Points to Remember:
- To help save the world’s only mangrove tiger habitat, Discovery India and WWF India have partnered with the Forest Directorate, the government of West Bengal and local communities in the Sundarbans.
- With a vision to create climate-smart villages in the Sundarbans, WWF India and Discovery India are working with government agencies, civil society partners and scientific institutions to build the capacity of village panchayats and local communities to incorporate climate resilience into development planning, thereby helping secure livelihoods, biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of the wilderness preservation, and the reduction of human impact on the environment.
- WWF-India is the Indian part of the WWF. It has an autonomous office, with the Secretariat based in New Delhi and various state
- President: Pavan Sukhdev
- Director General: Marco Lambertini
- Discovery Channel (known as The Discovery Channel from 1985 to 1995, and often referred to as simply Discovery) is an American pay television network and flagship channel owned by Discovery, Inc., a publicly traded company run by CEO David Zaslav.
- Slogan: The world is ours
- Headquarters: Silver Spring, Maryland
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Recently, Discovery India and which organisation have partnered with the Forest Directorate, the government of West Bengal and local communities in the Sundarbans? WWF India
- Where is the headquarters of Discovery India situated? Mumbai
- What is the expanded form of WWF, international organization committed to conservation of the environment? World Wide Fund for Nature