Points to Remember:
- A rural municipality in Nepal, which is home to Mount Everest, has reportedly banned single-use plastic below 30 microns as well as plastic bottles.
- The Khumbu Pasang Lhamu municipality said the ban will be effective from January 2020 but no penalty has yet been decided for violations.
- Authorities also said the ban will be implemented in collaboration with tourism stakeholders.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Vice President: Nanda Kishor Pun
- Prime Minister: Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Khumbu Pasang Lhamu municipality, which is home to Mount Everest, has recently banned single-use plastic below: 30 microns
- Who is the current Prime minister of Nepal? Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli