Points to Remember:
- Former India pacer Atul Wassan was named chairman of the senior selection committee of the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA).
- The 51-year-old was in 2016 sacked from the same position after the DDCA management received persistent complaints regarding his alleged commercial engagements.
- The committee headed by Wassan will have Anil Bharadwaj and Vineet Jain as the two other members for the 2019-20 season.
- Wassan played 13 international matches for India between 1990-1991 and took 21 wickets.
- Meanwhile, the DDCA also announced the appointment of Mayank Tehlan as the Chairman of the junior selection committee which will look after the U-19/U-16/U-14 age-group boys. The three-member committee also consists of Chetan Sharma and Pradeep Chawla.
- The DDCA had announced that the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium will be renamed as Arun Jaitley Stadium in tribute to the former finance minister who passed away recently.
Delhi & District Cricket Association:
- Founded: 1883
- Affiliation: Board of Control for Cricket in India
- Affiliation date: 1928
- Headquarters: Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Location: Delhi
- President: Rajat Sharma
- Secretary: Vinod Tihara
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Who has been appointed as the chairman of the senior selection committee of the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA)? Atul Wassan
- Who has been named Chairman of the junior selection committee of the Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA)? Mayank Tehlan
Read More at Hindustan Times