Points to Remember:
- Gujarat has retained its first position in the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0 announced by the NITI Aayog.
- The report was released by Union Jal Shakti Minister Mr. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog Dr. Rajiv Kumar in New Delhi.
- Gujarat retained the top position on the Index for the third consecutive year with 75 points closely followed by Andhra Pradesh with 74 points and Madhya Pradesh at 71 points among the non-Himalayan states
- As many as 25 States and two Union Territories participated in the ranking process. West Bengal, Mizoram, Manipur and Jammu & Kashmir did not participate in the process.
- Among the States that continue to languish at the bottom of the table are Jharkhand, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- Which state has retained its first position in the Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0 announced by the NITI Aayog? Gujarat
- Who is the current Chief minister of Gujarat? Vijay Rupani
Read More at NewsOnAir