Points to Remember:
- 11th BRICS Summit will be held in Brazilian capital Brasilia from 13th of November.
- Throughout the first decade from inception, BRICS developed sectoral cooperations in different areas, such as science and technology, trade promotion, energy, health, education and innovation, bringing immense benefits to the BRICS societies.
- Since the first BRIC Summit in 2009 in Russia, the group advocated reform of global governance, especially through greater presence of emerging economies in international financial institutions.
- In 2010, with South Africa joining the group, BRIC became BRICS and reached its current
- The emphasis of the Brazilian Presidency in 2019 will be on promoting innovation; digital economy; increasing the reach of NDB and counter-terrorism measures.
- BRICS Innovation Network, BRICS Institute of Future Network and a Women Business Alliance will also be launched this year.
- Predecessor: BRIC
- Formation: 2006
- Type: Economic, political, regional cooperative organisation
- Membership: 5 member states ( Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa)
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- The 11th BRICS Summit will be held on November 13 and 14 in which city? Brasilia
- In which year, South Africa joined the BRICS group with which BRIC became BRICS? 2010
हिंदी में पड़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें