Points to Remember:
- Aiming at expediting the trial of cases relating to women and children, the Odisha government said it will set up 45 new fast track courts.
- Of these, 21 courts would be dedicated for cases of rape and sexual harassment of women, Law Minister Pratap Jena said.
- The remaining 24 fast track courts will specifically deal with Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) cases, he said.
- The state government’s action comes after the Centre’s decision to formulate a scheme for setting up 1,023 fast track special courts for expeditious trial and disposal of rape cases.
- The special fast track courts are being set up at Angul, Khurda, Balasore, Baripada, Bhadrak, Keonjhar, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Berhampur, Nayagarh, Phulbani, Puri, Jharsuguda, Bhawanipatna, Jeypore, Nabarangpur, Rayagada, Balangir, Bargarh, Sambalpur and Sundargarh.
- The fast track courts will function under Additional District Judges as per provisions of Orissa Civil Courts Act, 1984.
What is fast track court?
- These are special kind of courts which have exclusive jurisdiction over a particular category of law (in this case- sexual assault and children’s cases).
- Fast track courts were introduced in India in the year 2000 in order to reduce the burden of cases from high courts and district courts and also to provide speedy justice.
- Recently Odisha government has announced to set up 45 fast track courts for speedy disposal of which cases? Sexual crimes against women and children
- Recently the Odisha government has decided to set up how many fast-track courts to hear cases of sexual offenses against women and children? 45
- In which year, Fast track courts were introduced in India? 2000
हिन्दी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें
To get regular update about Job Vacancies, results and other job related notifications , subscribe our telegram channel.
To join click below link..
Career Options ✈
Get regular update on all job notifications on real time basis.