Points to Remember:
- The Government reiterated its commitment in providing Wi-Fi in all the villages through GramNet with connectivity between 10mbps to 100 mbps speed.
- Minister of State for Communications Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre said that BharatNet also plans to provide 1 GBPS connectivity, which can be expanded up to 10 GBPSand C-DOT’s XGS-PON launched will help in a great way to achieve this.
- The C-Sat-Fi technology of C-DOT will empower Indian People especially in rural and remote areas as telephone and Wi-Fi facilities will be available in all corners of the country on any mobile phone.
Important Abbreviations based on above news:
- C-Sat-Fi: C-DOTSatellite WiFi
- XGSPON: 10 G Symmetrical Passive Optical Network
- CiSTB: C-DOT’s Interoperable Set Top Box
Important Possible questions based on above News:
- What is the maximum speed obtained via a GramNet service? 100 mbps
- What does the term X denote in the abbreviation XGSPON? 10
Read More at Zee News